MAP-23, How to Prepare an EDP
Plan for Business Continuity
Price: $99 plus $6 North America - $114 Overseas. Hard cover
This one-of-a-kind publication shows you how to prepare your own business-oriented contingency and recovery plan, how to document it and test it and how to keep it up-to-date. The authors provide invaluable practical information based on many years of experience. Join the Contingency Planning & Recovery Institute and obtain this book free.
- Why Have an EDP Contingency Plan?
Threats to Business Continuity from EDP.
- Need for Risk Analysis. Protection Cost-effectiveness. The Risk Analysis Method.
- What Posture Should Management Take? Management Responsibility and Murphy's Law. Contingency Planning as another form of insurance. Management posture.
- Initiating and Preparing The Contingency Plan. Initial Steps. Selling the Plan. Business continuity Policy. Business orientation. Organization. Critical applications.
Emergency Measures and Practices. Key components. Emergency: classification, evacuation, declaration, damage containment. Disaster Control Center. Damage Assessment. Liaison with outside agencies. Disaster area clean-up. End of emergency period. Reporting.
Stand-By User Business Continuity Provisions. Components. Operational Capability. Initiating stand-by procedures. Stand-by processing alternatives. Activating standby capabilities. Determining critical applications. Tasks and detailed considerations.
- Backup Provisions. Key elements. Backup schemes (mutual aid, third-party cooperative arrangements, service bureaus, vendor facility, empty shell, etc.) Backup provisions.
- Recovery Procedures. Key elements. General procedures. Briefing the conversion team. Moving recovery materials. Accepting, testing and starting up the new facilities. Gradual and full restoration of services. Recovery steps.
- Steps After the Recovery. Final Report. Tying Loose Ends. Non-critical systems.
- Contingency Plan Documentation. Documentation responsibility. Automating the documentation. Team procedures. Plan distribution. Sample table of contents.
- Updating & Testing the Contingency Plan & Training Considerations.
PUBLICATIONS ORDER FORM
Return to Home page
Return to Contingency Planning & Recovery Institute